Friday 15 May 2020

90s Post Hardcore MIX tape

Lock down to me has resulted in alot of trawling through dusty boxes. Kinda fun for the Nostalgia but also cringe.
This Find was gold though!

My older brother received this cassette off a lad on his course in art college around 95/96 i think.
I was a tad too off kilter for him and was passed next door to me.
On first listen through it derailed my understanding of punk or American hardcore at the time.
I wasn't not hearing Green day / Beastie Boys / Misfits / Sex Pistols... This was an odd sound.
I was intrigued but concluded i wasnt ready for this yet.
Into a box it went and has touched a tape deck since today!

Looking at in now, im familiar with several of these band.
One of the Last LPs i bought before The lock down is by a band on this tape. ( Nation of Ulyesses)
Ive been good friends with one of the member of these band for many years ( Des Man Deablo )
and to cap of the full circle..
I reached out to the composer of the tape and in our conversation he started sending pics from old gigs he's attended one of which was at The Den' in Wigan.
That same day Coughin Vicars were meant to playing the Reopening of the now legendary The Den
( Earth day 2020 ).

Big Shout to MARTIN FLEET!


Check his Blog HERE.






No comments:

Post a Comment